Sunday, November 27, 2011

My First Black Friday Experience

So usually I am one to deter away from crowds and crazy people, but there were a few items I was really hoping to catch good deals on. And every year, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law go to the infamous Black Friday shopping. I have never gone, nothing has appealed to me to even want to go near a store at that point. BUT, this year I decided, why the heck not. It's one more thing on the Bucket List, right?

Our first stop was Walmart...and let me tell you, if you thought Walmart was bad on a Saturday buying groceries, you thought wrong. I have never seen so many people act like starving hyenas wanting blenders, toasters, and Shark vaccuums. I was after one thing...the stand-up mixer for $18. People were even coaching others on using "strength" to knock down their "opponents." Seriously, what the hell?! We felt like we were in prison waiting for the guards (cops) to let us attack our items. I cannot even express in words the madness...we got in and out as fast as we could and trust me, WE DID! The ambulance showed up as we were leaving. I mean seriously?! Is it really worth hurting our fellow humanity over a blender? My sister-in-law and I got out safe with our goods and we were on our way. Let's just say things definitely were MUCH better after we left Walmart. If we can do that, we can do anything!!

Kohl's, Macy's and JC Penney's weren't even a comparison to Walmart...we had a blast waiting in line, getting to know other people, finding AMAZING deals, and best of all, bonding with family.


Jessica and I around 1:30 am at Kohl's with our goods :)

No comments:

Post a Comment